WOMEN IN ESPIONAGE

Posted: August 31, 2015 in ESPIONAGE, WOMEN ISSUES
Tags: ,

NSA Heading

WOMAN IN ESPIONAGE

Tubularsock was sitting in his top floor corner office in his underground bunker over- looking Washington, D.C. from Oakland, CA when there was a rap on the front door.

Tubularsock, never the trusting type, put on his extra thick bomb proof stealth-suit and moved ever causally (because Tubularsock keeps his cool) to the underground bunker camouflaged door just beyond the underground moat that as moats tend to do surrounds the underground bunker.

Opening the quadruple-thick underground bunker door Tubularsock was surprised to find a deck of “trading cards”, sixteen in all, bundled together with a small stack of dynamite attached to a $16,400.00 Men’s Rolex-Presidential-Watch ……. ticking!

Of course, as a man of action Tubularsock’s eyes focused on the sixteen trading cards

and realized that they were the artist Mary Yordy’s WOMEN IN ESPIONAGE series.

What luck!

Tubularsock glanced at the ticking $16,400.00 Men’s Rolex-Presidential-Watch and noted that there was just enough time to review the sixteen escapades of the sixteen women in espionage cards with historical details before Tubularsock would have to disengage the dynamite.

Time was of the essences!

Now Tubularsock is not going to divulge the contents of these WOMEN IN ESPIONAGE trading cards. For that you’ll have to order your own. After-all time is ticking.

But Tubularsock is going to review just one and that one is Julia Child ……..

Yep, Julia was a spy for Great Britain during WW2 and worked with “top secret” information for the OSS in Ceylon.

Tubularsock should have guessed!

Julie on live TV with her bare hands would rub an entire dead chicken carcass with olive oil and rub it continuously …….. there is something just not right about that!

But Julie could and did do that ……… it was just too Guantanamoish for Tubularsock.

Tubularsock should have picked up on that.

Anyway …… each card provides a picture and a short bio of each woman and her role in espionage. Many will surprise you and bottom line …… they are just fun to own or give.

tube espionage

Now Mary Yordy is an artist from North Carolina. And North Carolina is somewhere over the Rockies and may even be a foreign country like most things East of the Rockies to Tubularsock. But whatever.

Tubularsock doesn’t know or have any vested interest in selling these Trading Cards but just thinks they are worth having.

So here is a link for you so you can give a set to your stupid Republican uncle for fucking Christmas if you want …….. or not!

Oh, Tubularsock almost forgot!

With only a nano-second left, that would even raise hairs on the back of James Bond’s neck, Tubularsock poured a double shot of Wild Turkey neat, not stirred or shaken, and cut the yellow wire.

Tube pen sig

Advertisements
Comments
  1. donzo442 says:

Spot on Tubularsock. I can smell a Pulitzer for sure.

Liked by 3 people

2. Daintytime says:

Ha! Imagine what Julia hid in her tripe! Thanks Tube – these cards are delightful and smart.

Liked by 2 people

3. swo8 says:

Did you notice a card with my name on it? My name is really Margaretha Zelle. I was in my hay day around 1905.
    Leslie

Liked by 1 person

4. sojourner says:

Yep! Julia, just one of many! People would be shocked to know how many celebrities have had their dirty little hands doing the dirty deeds of their government.

Liked by 1 person

5. Tubularsock, Whew! That sounded a little too close! Glad you survived this diabolical trap! And satisfied your curiosity as well! Thanks for the gift-buying guide (not sure it’s quite the thing for my wing-nut uncle, but I could be wrong) and for another fine post. – Linda

Liked by 2 people

• tubularsock says:

Hey Linda, thanks for your concern. True it was a close call for the normal diabolical trap. Tubularsock knows how to handle himself in tight quarters where he can turn on a dime with a penny for his thoughts …… enough change even if it makes cents!

Liked by 2 people

6. tubularsock says:

It is easier to list those who are not spies than the other way around.

Liked by 1 person

7. I may or may not be a spy.
    Am I capable of telling a lie?
    What do you think?
    Does shit really stink?

or how about this one.

A spy is what I am.
    Sometimes I’m Jane, sometimes I’m Sam.
    I’ve spied for Russia and I’ve spied for China
    and now, I’m hiding out in old Antigua.
    I’ve danced and I’ve been romanced
    and all the while, at secret papers, I’ve glanced.
    Now, what I did with them, I cannot say,
    but for the info, governments did pay.

Tubularsock, would I make a good spy or what? LOL!

Another great post, as usual!

Liked by 2 people

• tubularsock says:

Hell ya, a great spy you’d make
      As much as you like being on the take

Hiding out and playing cool
      Never being someone else’s fool

Secret papers like you say
      Governments are willing to pay and pay

Grab your cloak and dagger too
      A spy you’d make you’re such a jewel!

Liked by 1 person

8. Jay says:

I knew there was something fishy about that woman’s recipe for coq au vin!

Liked by 2 people